The health and wellness of our residents and team members remains our number one priority. Radiant Senior Living, and our communities, have been implementing extra precautions since the first reports of confirmed Coronavirus cases in the United States. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS), Local Health Authorities, and state guidelines in each of our locations.
As shared, Radiant Senior Living and our Communities have taken this matter seriously as news developed regarding Covid-19. Our policies and procedures are updated and implemented as health authority guidelines change.
Community Response to COVID-19:
- We have detailed and specific plans in place for a wide range of emergencies and illnesses. Our staff is trained in infection control practices, and we follow these protocols every day. We have ensured that our policies reflect up-to-date information provided by health authorities. We continue to provide additional training on an ongoing basis.
- We have increased and enhanced our cleaning procedures. We have purchased and implemented the use of the Bioesque’s Botanical Disinfectant Solution and Victory Innovations Electrostatic Sprayer—a combination that can be safely used on all surfaces that kills Coronavirus.
- Public outings and events were discontinued until further notice.
- Individual resident engagement activities continue, but we are no longer hosting group activities where social distancing cannot reasonably be maintained.
- Medical appointments are not disrupted, and telehealth is implemented where appropriate.
- Visitation has been limited to essential visitors.
- All individuals entering our communities must sign in, be screened by a temporal thermometer and must affirm a series of necessary questions in regard to COVID-19 risk factors attesting they have no signs nor symptoms, and have not traveled to an area of outbreak. In addition, all essential medical visitors must sign in, sharing their contact information, and agreement to policies regarding COVID-19.
- We are equipped with necessary PPE including surgical masks, N95 masks, gloves, gowns, and eye protection.
We appreciate your understanding at this time while we only allow essential visitors such as employees, medical professionals, and state agency personnel, as identified by state and federal guidelines.
Essential visitors are screened prior to entry in the community and must limit contact within community, practice frequent hand hygiene, use appropriate PPE such as masks, and follow any additional direction provided by community staff members.
Screenings for Employees and Essential Visitors Include:
- Identifying any one of the following symptoms: fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Identifying a combination of two or more of the following symptoms: sore throat, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, loss of taste or smell.
- Identifying contact, within the last 14 days, with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Identifying travel to locations with sustained community transmissions within the last 14 days.
If a Confirmed Case Were to Occur:
If a confirmed case of COVID-19 were to occur within one of our communities, we will notify our residents along with their emergency contact, as well as continue to act in full compliance with local and state health authorities as well as the CDC. We will follow guidelines to decrease chances for exposure.
We understand the desire to connect with loved ones during this time. We are following these guidelines to help keep our residents and staff safe. We have set up technology to help keep our residents connected to loved ones such as Skype, FaceTime, or phone calls. Please connect with the community staff to set up a virtual visit with a loved one.
As we navigate this challenge, we remain focused on providing exceptional care and service for our residents. This includes sharing regular updates and information and taking any precautions required to limit the spread of illness or misinformation. We are thankful to our care staff and care partners in their efforts to provide the best in care and comfort for our residents.
We are confident in the guidelines set forth by the CDC and our local Department of Health. We encourage the local community to be proactive in preventing the spread of disease, but to avoid unsubstantiated rumors. For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/?mc_cid=ab223b0f90&mc_eid=a54bab434e
We continue to provide updates on our Facebook page. Please visit our Facebook page or the Facebook page of one of our Radiant communities. For questions, please connect with the Executive Director of the Community.
Thank you for your understanding with extra protocols at this time and for being diligent about your own response to this virus. To read our tips on preventing the spread of illnesses, visit: https://www.radiantseniorliving.com/radiant-blog?article=preventing-the-spread-of-illnesses